Monday, February 5, 2018

Come sail away

My Regatta is finished!!!!!!  Roseanne has been hosting a Regatta Sew A Long that began January 1st.  I love the pattern designed by Block M Quilts so I decided to jump in and sew it.  Especially since there was no deadline for it to be finished. 

I used a strip pack from Island Batik called Paisley Dot Brights and some yardage white from my stash.  This was some of the fabric Island Batik gave us in our Ambassador boxes this past year.  It has such fun springy colors.  And I am certainly longing for Spring!


I had planned all along to do some cool custom quilting.  But in the end my longarm decided I should do an allover freehand design-you notice I didn't argue with her:)  

 I  found the perfect wide backing at JoAnn's in one of my favorite colors.

I had leftover strips from the pack and made a pieced scrappy binding.  I love my Regatta!  Thanks Roseanne for alerting me to this pattern and for hosting the sew a long:)   As soon as I get bettter photos I will be listing it in my Etsy shop. 


Linking with Beth for MCM and Monday Making

18 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt! I love the colors, and it definitely makes me think of colorful sails! The overall design was a good choice too. I think I'd keep the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Never argue with the longarm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a clean looking quilt. Lovely colors and the design element just sets it off so nicely. Your all over design finished it nicely. Will be hard to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki,
    WOW!! This turned out great! I love, love, LOVE those fabrics, especially those last two rows! LOVE. I don't know if I'll be selling mine when it is complete or not. I sure am loving the colors all together. I may need to make another one in different hues. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Thanks for sharing the pattern source.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun, cheery quilt. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's like cool sherbet in the summertime! Love these colors! Congrats on the neat finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! Love how it turned out! Your quilting is great, too. I want to make one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your quilt....fantastic colors..everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Love those bright fun batiks. The long strips in this quilt is perfect for showing them off. I bet this one won't stay in your shop for long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fun interpretation of the quilt. It's on my list for the year too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that is beautiful! Thanks for the link to the free pattern. I have a jelly roll gathering dust that is crying out to be made like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's been a lot of fun versions of this quilt popping up, but I adore those batiks you used. It's bright and fun - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lovely Vicki. I had planned on doing it but my jelly rolls have all different fabrics and I would need two of the same strips. I do love a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh this is so beautiful Vicki! It's on my 'one day' list. Tantalizing look at batiks, similar to these, that should be arriving at my house tomorrow....!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html